|Title:||Motivating Factors Effecting Work Efficiency of Empoyees in Ukrainian Pharmaceutical Sector|
Vol. 11, No 1, 2018
Published date: 30-03-2018 (print) / 30-03-2018 (online)
Economics & Sociology
ISSN: 2071-789X, eISSN: 2306-3459
Bogomolets National Medical University
|Keywords:||extrinsic and intrinsic motivational factors, motivator, personnel, pharmacies and pharmaceutical organizations, Ukraine|
|JEL classification:||M12, M52, M59|
The article presents the analysis of extrinsic and intrinsic motivational factors inherent to employees of pharmacies and pharmaceutical organizations in Ukraine. On the basis of literature review on the key motivation theories, motivational factors for employees in the pharmacy sector are defined. The survey of pharmacies’ and pharmaceutical organizations’ employees was conducted; as a result, the most efficient motivators were identified which influence employees’ work efficiency, as well as the frequency of these motivational factors’ use in practical activity. Depending on the impact degree of the determined motivators, the corresponding clusters were developed which enable the formation of optimal motivation schemes for the employees of Ukrainian pharmaceutical sector. Practical recommendations are suggested for managers of pharmacies and pharmaceutical organizations aimed at the efficiency increase of their staff performance and the achievement of corporate goals.
1. Alderfer, C. P. (1972). Existence, relatedness and growth: Human needs in organizational setting. New York: Free Press.
2. Bass, B. M. (1990). From transactional to transformational leadership: Learning to share the vision. Organizational Dynamics, 18, 19-31.
3. Driesen, A., Leemans, L., Baert, H., Laekeman G. (2005). Flemish Community Pharmacists’ Motivation and Views Related to Continuing Education. Pharmacy World and Science, 27(6), 447-452.
4. Dubinsky, A. J., Yammarino, F. J., Jolson, J. A., and Spangler, W. D. (1995). Transformational leadership: An initial investigation in sales management. Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, 15, 17-29.
5. Hagger, M. S., Hardcastle, S. J., Chater, A., Mallett, C., Chatzisarantis, S. Pal & N. L. D. (2014). Autonomous and controlled motivational regulations for multiple health-related behaviors: between- and within-participants analyses. Health Psychology and
6. Herzberg, F. (1968). One more time: how do you motivate employees? Harvard Business Review (January-February), 53-62.
7. Herzberg, F. (1987). One more time: How do you motivate employees? Harvard Business Review, 65(5), 53-82.
8. Herzberg, F. (2003). One more time: How do you motivate employees. Harvard Business Review, 81, 86-96.
9. Judge, T. A. and Piccolo, R. F. (2004). Transformational and transactional leadership: A meta-analytic test of their relative validity. Journal of Applied Psychology, 89, 755-768.
10. Korniyenko, O. M., Horodetska, I. Ya., Levytska, O. R., Yunikov, R. S. (2008). Aspects of provisors’ professional motivation and prestige factors of higher educational establishments (Aspekti professiynoi motivatzii provisoriv chinniki prestigu visshih uc
11. Locke, A. M., Latham, G. P. (1990). A theory of goal setting and task performance. Englewood Cliffs, N.Y.: Prentice-Hall.
12. Maslow, A. (1954). Motivation and personality. New York: Harper & Row.
13. McClelland, D. (1961). The achieving society. Princeton, NJ: Van Nostrand Company Inc.
14. McClelland, D. C. (1985). Human motivation. Glenview, IL: Scott, Foresman.
15. Melnyk, L. H., Volk, O. N., Haityna, N. M., Rybalka, M. V. (2012). Personnel motivation methods improvement at Ukrainian enterprises taking into account international experience (Udoskonalennia metodiv motyvatzii pratsivnykiv na pidpryiemstvakh Ukrainy z
16. Muzychenko-Kozlovskyi, A. V. and Kolodiychuk, A. V. (2011). The main elements of the personnel motivation mechanism (Osnovni elementy mekhanizmu motyvuvannia pratsivnykiv). Scientific Bulletin of Ukrainian National Forestry University, 21.6, Lviv, 361-367
17. Nemchenko, A. S., Yurchenko, G. M, Jirova, I. V. (2011). The analysis of motivational principles of personnel management of the pharmaceutical organization (Analiz motivaziynich prinzipiv upravlinya personalom pharmacevticheskoy organizacii). Management,
18. Power, A., Grammatiki, A., Bates, I., Kellar, S. Mc., Johnson, B. J., Diack, H. L., Steward, D., Hudson, S. A. (2008). Scottish pharmacists’ views and attitudes towards continuing professional development. Pharmacy World & Science, 30(1), 136-143.
19. Raven, J. (1984). Competence in modern society: its identification, development and release. London: Lewis and C.
20. Robbins, S. P. and DeCenzo, D. A. (2004). Fundamentals of Management: Essential Concepts and Applications. Pearson Prentice Hall.
21. Teterich, N. V. (2015). Scientific ground of basic going near motivation of pharmaceutical workers (Naukove obgruntuvannya osnovnih pidhodiv do motivatzii pharmazevtichnih prazivnikiv). Pharmaceutical review, 3, 44-47 (ukr).
22. Tjin A Tsoi, S., de Boer, A., Croiset, G., Koster, A. S., Kusurkar, R. A. (2016). Unraveling Motivational Profiles of Health Care Professionals for Continuing Education: The Example of Pharmacists in the Netherlands. Journal of Continuing Education in the
23. Tjin A Tsoi, S., de Boer, A., Croiset, G., Koster, A. S., Kusurkar, R. A. (2016). Factors Influencing Participation in Continuing Professional Development: A Focus on Motivation Among Pharmacists. Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions,
24. Tututchenko, O. V., Pestun, I. V., Mnushko, Z. N. (2010). Pharmacists’ motivation as the constituent of strategic plan realization of a pharmacy enterprise (Motyvatziya provisiriv yak skladova realizacii strategichnogo planu aptechnogo pidpriyemstva). Ves
25. Williams, J. C., Saizow, R. B., Ryan, R. M. (1999). The importance of self-determination theory for medical education. Academic Medicine, 74, 992-995.
26. Zbritska, T. P. (2014). Motivation as a mechanism for increasing the efficiency of personnel activity (Motyvatziya yak mekhanizm pidvishenya efektivnosti diyalnosti personala) Global and National Problems of Economy, 2, 942-947.
27. Zwingmann, I, Wegge, J., Wolf, S., Rudolf, M., Schmidt, M. and Richter, P. (2014). Is transformational leadership healthy for employees? A multilevel analysis in 16 nations. German Journal of Research in Human Resource Management, 28(1-2), 24-51.