|Title:||Consumer Behaviour and Warranty Claim: A Study on Czech Consumers|
Vol. 10, No 3, 2017
Published date: 10-2017 (print) / 10-2017 (online)
Economics & Sociology
ISSN: 2071-789X, eISSN: 2306-3459
Tomas Bata University in Zlín
Tomas Bata University in Zlín
Tomas Bata University in Zlín
|Keywords:||consumer behaviour, warranty claim, products, services|
Consumer behaviour concerning warranty is significant for both consumers and business entities. This article presents the behaviour of consumers on warranty claims for purchased products or services. The present study attempts to investigate the influence of demographic variables on consumer satisfaction in the course of the warranty claim procedure. To study the behaviour of consumers, a quantitative approach was adopted with the sample of 453 respondents in Czech Republic. A self-administered, structured questionnaire was used to collect primary data during the survey and analysis was performed using Statistical Package for Social Science (SPSS). This study contributes to the body of knowledge in the field of consumer behaviour concerning warranty claims.
1. Andreasen, A. R. (1988). Consumer complaints and redress: What we know and what we don't know. The frontier of research in the consumer interest, 675, 722.
2. Baker, T. L., Meyer, T., & Chebat, J.-C. (2013). Cultural impacts on felt and expressed emotions and third party complaint relationships. Journal of Business Research, 66(7), 816-822.
3. Boote, J. (1998). Towards a comprehensive taxonomy and model of consumer complaining behaviour. Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behavior, 11, 140-151.
4. Broadbridge, A., & Marshall, J. (1995). Consumer complaint behaviour: the case of electrical goods. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 23(9), 8-18.
5. Casado, A. B., Nicolau, J. L., & Mas, F. J. (2011). The harmful consequences of failed recoveries in the banking industry. International Journal of Bank Marketing, 29(1), 32-49.
6. Chan, G. S. H., Hsiao, A. C.-H., & Lee, A. L. Y. (2016). Exploration of Customer Compliant Behavior toward Asain Full-Service Restaurants. International Journal of Marketing Studies, 8(2), 46.
7. Day, R. L. (1976). Collecting comprehensive consumer compliant data by survey research. NA-Advances in Consumer Research Volume 03.
8. Day, R. L. (1977). Extending the concept of consumer satisfaction. NA-Advances in Consumer Research Volume 04.
9. Ekinci, Y., Calderon, J., & Siala, H. (2016). Do personality traits predict'complaining'consumers? International Journal of Business Environment, 8(1), 32-42.
10. Garín-Muñoz, T., Pérez-Amaral, T., Gijón, C., & López, R. (2016). Consumer complaint behaviour in telecommunications: The case of mobile phone users in Spain. Telecommunications Policy, 40(8), 804-820.
11. Grougiou, V., & Pettigrew, S. (2009). Seniors' attitudes to voicing complaints: a qualitative study. Journal of Marketing Management, 25(9-10), 987-1001.
12. Hansen, T., Wilke, R., & Zaichkowsky, J. (2010). Managing consumer complaints: differences and similarities among heterogeneous retailers. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 38(1), 6-23.
13. Haron, S., & Paim, L. (2008). How mature consumers handle unpleasant experience in the market. Malaysian Journal of Consumer and Family Economics, 11, 85-94.
14. Heung, V. C. (2000). Satisfaction levels of mainland Chinese travelers with Hong Kong hotel services. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 12(5), 308-315.
15. Heung, V. C., & Lam, T. (2003). Customer complaint behaviour towards hotel restaurant services. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 15(5), 283-289.
16. Hogarth, J. M., English, M., & Sharma, M. (2001). Consumer complaints and third parties: Determinants of consumer satisfaction with complaint resolution efforts. Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behavior, 14, 74.
17. Horáková, M. (2015). Consumer Behavior of College Students in the Czech Republic. Journal of Competitiveness, 7(4), 68-85. doi http://doi.org/10.7441/joc.2015.04.0
18. Huppertz, J. W. (2003). An effort model of first-stage complaining behavior. Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behavior, 16, 132.
19. Jacoby, J., & Jaccard, J. J. (1981). The sources, meaning, and validity of consumer complaint behavior: A psychological analysis. Journal of retailing.
20. Jin, L. (2010). Determinants of customers' complaint intention: empirical study in the context of China's retail industry. Nankai Business Review International, 1(1), 87-99.
21. Kanousi, A. (2005). An empirical investigation of the role of culture on service recovery expectations. Managing Service Quality: An International Journal, 15(1), 57-69.
22. Keng, K. A., Richmond, D., & Han, S. (1995). Determinants of consumer complaint behaviour: a study of Singapore consumers. Journal of International Consumer Marketing, 8(2), 59-76.
23. Li, M. (2010). Exploration of Chinese consumer complaint behavior in the hospitality industry.
24. Liu, R. R., & McClure, P. (2001). Recognizing cross-cultural differences in consumer complaint behavior and intentions: an empirical examination. Journal of consumer marketing, 18(1), 54-75.
25. Mahayudin, N. H. M., Haron, S. A., & Yin-Fah, B. C. (2010). Unpleasant market experience and consumer complaint behavior. Asian Social Science, 6(5), 63.
26. Mattila, A. S., & Wirtz, J. (2004). Consumer complaining to firms: the determinants of channel choice. Journal of Services Marketing, 18(2), 147-155.
27. Metehan, T., & Zengin, A. Y. (2011). Demographic characteristics and complaint behavior: An empirical study concerning Turkish customers. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 2(9).
28. Moliner Velázquez, B., Fuentes Blasco, M., Gil Saura, I., & Berenguer Contrí, G. (2010). Causes for complaining behaviour intentions: the moderator effect of previous customer experience of the restaurant. Journal of Services Marketing, 24(7), 532-545.
29. Ngai, E. W., Heung, V. C., Wong, Y., & Chan, F. K. (2007). Consumer complaint behaviour of Asians and non-Asians about hotel services: an empirical analysis. European Journal of Marketing, 41(11/12), 1375-1391.
30. Nimako, S. G., & Mensah, A. F. (2012). Motivation for customer complaining and non-complaining behaviour towards mobile telecommunication services. Asian Journal of Business Management, 4(3), 310-320.
31. Oly Ndubisi, N., & Yin Ling, T. (2006). Complaint behaviour of Malaysian consumers. Management Research News, 29(1/2), 65-76.
32. Phau, I., & Baird, M. (2008). Complainers versus non-complainers retaliatory responses towards service dissatisfactions. Marketing Intelligence & Planning, 26(6), 587-604.
33. Schiffman, L. G., & Kanuk, L L. (2000). Consumer behavior, 7th. NY: Prentice Hall.
34. Shaw, S. (2017, April). Consumer complaint behaviour, warranty and warranty claim: brief overview. Paper presented at the DOKBAT 13th Annual International Bata Conference. Zlín, Czech Republic.
35. Singh, J. (1988). Consumer complaint intentions and behavior: definitional and taxonomical issues. The journal of Marketing, 93-107.
36. Singh, J. (1989). Determinants of consumers’ decisions to seek third party redress: An empirical study of dissatisfied patients. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 23(2), 329-363.
37. Swanson, S. R., Frankel, R., Sagan, M., & Johansen, D. L. (2011). Private and public voice: exploring cultural influence. Managing Service Quality: An International Journal, 21(3), 216-239.
38. Tronvoll, B. (2007). Complainer characteristics when exit is closed. International journal of service industry management, 18(1), 25-51.
39. Volkov, M., Harker, D., & Harker, M. (2002). Complaint behaviour: a study of the differences between complainants about advertising in Australia and the population at large. Journal of consumer marketing, 19(4), 319-332.
40. Williams, T. G. (2002). Social class influences on purchase evaluation criteria. Journal of consumer marketing, 19(3), 249-276.